Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Got Milk?!? Or Cookies?!?

So, with little I felt like my milk was getting low. I tried Fenugreek and it did awful things to my body. I tried Mother's Milk tea, loved it, but got tired of drinking it all the time. So I started to look into other options, and I came across lactation cookies. Don't worry, they don't call for breast milk, but, in my experience, you will have any abundance of breast milk after each a couple of them. They are delicious too. Be careful to not eat to many though. I have woken up a few times in the middle of the night completely engorged and completely covered in milk. I have a major sweet tooth and love these cookies. It's hard to just stop at one or two or three.....

I normally get about 3 dozen cookies from this recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Mix together in a bowl. Set aside.

3/4 c almond butter or peanut butter
1/2 c butter, salted, softened
1 c flax meal
3 T brewer's yeast
1/3 c water
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 tsp plus a splash vanilla, a good vanilla
In a large bowl, beat all of these ingredients together until they are creamy. Mix in 2 eggs. Gradually mix in the flour mixture.

Mix in 1/2 cup of chopped nuts of your choice, 1/2 cup of raisins, and 2 cups (12oz.) of chocolate chips or carob chips. Slowly add in 1 3/4 cups of oats (not steel cut or instant).

Roll out balls of dough and place onto baking sheets and press down each ball with a fork.

Bake for 12 minutes.

These are great frozen too! Little loves to steal them from me too. They wont make someone create milk, they should just help someone already lactating to increase their milk volume. Just a note, most moms don't have a problem with their milk supply. Also, the ingredients that may help increase the milk supply are the flax meal, brewer's yeast, and oats. You don't have to use the brands in the hyper links, those are just so you can see what they are because I hate seeing something in a recipe that I have never used before and not knowing what to look for when I go to the store.

Have you heard of any foods that may increase milk supply?

What are some of your favorites?

Have any worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment