Friday, May 18, 2018

New Adventure

The past month and a half has been a little bit crazy. Off and on for years I have had lower abdominal pain, and I just attributed it to one thing or another. The last month and half the pain has increased and remained longer. So I have gone through some testing to see what is going on. 

Blog posts are boring without pictures....
What my doctors have come up with is that I have some food allergies that have been hurting my gut. This was a relief compared to what it could have been. I didn’t sleep much for a couple of weeks. It didn’t matter much since I still have a nursing baby and don’t sleep a whole lot, but idle brain at night while nursing can be vicious on nerves.

My doctor walked into the room and smiled before asking, “What would you like to know first? You aren’t going to probably like it.”
I started laughing, and just asked her to tell me that I’m okay and not dying.
She assured me that I’m not dying, but my lifestyle is going to have to change. After assuring me that I have a very healthy, gall bladder, kidneys, liver, pancreas, female organs, and everything else that was scanned, and everything that was in my blood testing was great, she said I have some “interesting food allergies that are a little bizarre because of the mixture and many are healthy”. She wasn’t joking. Funny enough, she wasn’t going to test me for food allergies. I was just curious and asked for it to be done. I’m glad I did since that gave us a ton of answers.

So…. Here are the allergies, clam, shrimp, eggs, Brewer’s yeast, baker’s yeast, bell peppers, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, kale, potatoes(not sweet potatoes though), peanuts, soybeans, chia seeds, walnuts, bananas, coconuts, barley, bran, gluten, malt, rye, wheat, and mustard.

It could definitely be worse, and I was praying that it wouldn't be. When I was having some imaging done prior to my latest doctor's appointment I had prayed that I wouldn't be so nervous and we would get some answers. I kept having to hold my breath and then releasing it, and I grew increasingly nervous. I said a little prayer and started taking to the tech and looked over towards her while she was going her thing. I noticed a tattoo on her inner arm, and it said, "Be still and know that I am God." Well played Heavenly Father, well played. I instantly was able to calm all of my nerves. That was kind of a Turing point for my nerves all together. It helped to remind me that, no matter what, our Heavenly Father is watching over me and loves and cares for me and my specific worries, joys, and feelings as a whole. Oh man do I love him and his timing. It is always perfect to help me learn and grow at just the right times.

My new reality is changing, and it’s frustrating and tough yet exciting and a fun new challenge. Definitely not the worst thing in the world, but definitely not the easiest or cheapest. 

I went to get a salad dressing and vegan mayo(since I can’t have eggs), and it was just not happening. Out of every salad dressing in the store, we literally went through them all, there were three that didn’t have mustard or eggs in it. Vegan mayo or even normal mayo, forget it! All of them have soy, eggs, or mustard in them. Who is allergic to mustard? ME!!! I’ve always liked being a little different. I just never expected to be THAT person who asks what is in EVERYTHING. I'm having the opportunity to learn about so many things I never knew about, like aquafaba, which can be used to make a vegan mayo. I'll let you know how it goes....

I’m relatively familiar with gluten free things because my sister is gluten intolerant, but I can’t do gluten free bread because if the yeast. LOL. Also, every gluten free all purpose flour I have looked into has potato starch in it. This is the beginning of a new exciting journey where I’m trying to figure out what I can eat and how to cook all over again. 
Already found a delicious snack free from my allergens!!!

Here is to a healthier more intentional adventure! My girls are so sweet and are making this new adventure a little easier. They are so aware of me and always offer me whatever they are eating, and then make sure to ask if I can have it or not. They will keep me honest for sure. Love my family, and I love that we are still making our best day every day even though I’m having a little bit of a difficult time accepting this. Everyday will be a little bit easier and better. I’m excited to find new yummy healthy recipes and write them here is I don’t lose them.

They are the cutest little besties ever!


***Any specific brands mentioned are not sponsoring this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment