Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Merry December 18th

3 Nephi 1:13 Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.

Carol: Winter Wonderland

Keeping Baby Warm
by Lynda H. Laughlin
It was an inexpensive dime-store Nativity set, 
and he was only three years old. His back was 
toward me, but I could see that his chubby little
hands were busily working on something at the
old table. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him impatiently, 
annoyed at him for touching the decorations after
he had been told not to. 

As I started toward the scene of his latest
mischief, he turned toward me with wide blue
eyes filling and a single tear starting down his
cherubic cheek. Then I saw it. A carefully folded
tissue had been tenderly placed over the small
ceramic infant.
"Baby Jesus was cold, Mommy," he whispered.

Ten years have passed, and the tiny Nativity has
been replaced by a much larger one. But this
year, as every year, I found a carefully folded
tissue covering the baby Jesus. I think I know
who did it, and I hope he never stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment