Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yummy Yum Yum



 Back at 9 weeks.

I have inherited some incredible traits from my mom, she is a VERY incredible lady! One inheritance that is less than desirable is the morning sickness, (finally came, about a week after the June 12th excerpt was written) ok so maybe its all day and night sickness. My doctor told me to take Unisom to help with the sick feelings and to help stop throwing up all day every day. Unisom is the best thing in the entire world!!!! Next to my husband, and my comfy bed, and a great run, and surfing Ok its just FANTASTIC!!!! It helped the morning sickness quite a bit. I took it for a month and was able to get up off the floor, my new desk at work, and be SO productive. My husband eats dinner again, my house is relatively clean again, and I am happy about life(with the occasional cry about ummmmm…… nothing). I ran out, and hadnt thrown up in a week and a half, so I thought I was past the whole sick thing. Oh boy was I wrong!!!! I threw up for 2 days straight (water included), and after trying to be tough(not worth it!) I got more of the miracle pill, and was able to eat and enjoy food again. What a concept!!!!
Thinking about food. At my first doctors appointment, with the second best OB EVER, told me lunch meats are an only once and a while indulgence I can partake of. So, I had Subway that one time back in June, and I havent had it since. Now that Im thinking about it I am craving a good sub sandwich again, but I refuse to walk into Subway because my nose cant handle it, so my tummy loses out in the battle. I always thought it was funny that people crave food when they are prego, but I have learned that you eat what sounds good or you throw it up (some days you throw it up anyways, at least I do). Anyways, I thought I would tell you about some of my food cravings. Mainly it is fruits and veggies. I LOVE watermelon, salad (with the store brand of ranch dressing), grilled cheese sandwiches, yogurt, chocolate (Milk Duds and Butterfingers), anything gummy like sour punch licorice, fruit snacks, etc. Not all at the same time. Im not weird to mix random things together. Before I got pregnant I loved eating chicken. It was almost a daily meal, and the first time Ive been able to eat chicken since getting pregnant was on Sunday at my sister-in-laws house; I wanted it all day yesterday and again today. It was dinner last night. Anyways, pasta is an always yummy item in our house, 

any veggies or fruit (Superstition Ranch Market is my favorite place lately. Its a cheap produce market out here in Arizona. Ive been telling everyone about because it is so inexpensive and has such great produce.) apples (used to hate them. LOVE them now), fish (can only have it twice a week, but I crave it ALL THE TIME!) Yummmmm I have been really good about eating enough, but not too much. So many moms encourage me to eat what I want because Im pregnant and this is the one time I can, but Im trying to be good and think about what I am going to have to lose after, but lately Im starving ALL THE TIME. I want to continue good eating habits. So the occasional grilled cheese is ok,

 and the occasional carb fest. How I love my carbs!!!! Mostly I eat pretty healthy. Thank goodness the midnight hungry subsided, and I can eat two hours before I go to bed, sometimes three, and not wake up famished in the morning. Random cravings happen, like chinese food, that only happened once. 

I LOVE Starbucks. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do love their lemonade, hot chocolate, pumpkin caramel hot chocolate or creme frappucino, but I have been good and have only had one lemonade from Starbucks through the entire pregnancy. I am starting to get weak. One of our moms at one of our schools brought me the lemonade to settle my stomach. 

She's the best! Taking pity on a sickly pregnant crazy. 
Food sounds really good right now, I think I will have a Pink Lady apple. My Favorite lately!!! 

18 weeks prego. Now I'm 20 and a half weeks. I'm really bad at this picture thing. Sorry. These are all from my phone too.

1 comment:

  1. Once I ate a whole watermelon by myself when I was early pregnant, it was so amazing. Not a single side effect, either. HA ha. You are smart to keep it all in moderation, those moms who tell you to eat whatever they want to, probably have complained a billion times about how hard it is to lose baby weight. Don't diet obviously, and increase your intake obviously, but those cravings aren't always necessary. Although I do love good greasy food when I'm pregnant, and it did help subside some of the nausea sometimes. And GROSS, MEAT when pregnant. Except steak, that was good. Ha ha. So hard to tell. Anything that you actually MAKE when you are pregnant is hard to eat-- sounded good and then when you smell it while you make it? Not good. :) So funny. So fun to catch up on your blog and hear about your pregnancy. Congratulations! Such a fun adventure!!

    ReplyDelete