Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Baby Mania from June



So I have figured out that I am awful at this blogging thing. I enjoy reading one of my college friends blogs(She just had a baby, and loves running). Anyways, she is so great about posting all the time, and she has inspired me to write this post. I promised pictures forever ago on a different post, and I havent delivered (my camera is in the shop). Well, I guess a big part of that was that we found out I am pregnant! I think everyone knows that by now since Im 20 weeks along, and when you start out at 100 pounds and eat like a mouse, and all of a sudden have a bump and are eating like a T-Rex its hard to hide. I thought I would share a few things with you about my pregnancy so far. I wrote this blurp the day we found out. Im a horrible insomniac, mainly because Im a worrier, and so Im up at all hours. So this came from 3am, fair warning.
This was actually written on June 12th..Today my hubby and I found out that we have a bundle of joy growing in my belly. My parents came to visit us a little over a week ago, and we had an absolute blast. I started feeling pretty nauseous and bloated while they were here, but attributed it to my upcoming time of the month. Anyways, they extended their stay by a day, and I was sent home from work early because I was so sick to my stomach. Anyways, I was sick all week, and just kept waiting for it to go away. My family started recommending I go to the doctor, but I felt kind of silly going to the doctor for an upset stomach. I didnt by any means think I was pregnant because everyone kept telling me that youll know when you are pregnant. It is just different. The upset stomach and feeling grouchy and tired wasnt too different from previous months. Every month is different, but it was relatively normal. Bless my husbands heart; he is a saint to put up with me month after month. The only thing I felt really different this month is the fact that I have been completely irrational. I would get so upset with my husband over absolutely nothing. Again, he is a saint, probably the most patient person I know. I thank my lucky stars that I found him, ok he found me, because I dont know anyone else that would put up with me right now. Ok back to the original story. So, I realized I was late and decided I should take a pregnancy test, thinking that, just like past tests, it would be negative and remove pregnancy as a possibility of being pregnant. I talked to my sister and told her that when the test was negative I would call and make an appointment to go and see the doctor. So, this morning I woke up and took the test, saying out loud to myself, this is so stupid!!! Its just going to be negative like every other test has been. I should just listen to April(my sister) and mom and go to the doctor.  Good thing I saved myself $60. I saw the first line pop up immediately, the positive line, and thought hmmm thats weird the negative line has never been on that side before. Keep in mind I had literally just woken up and was a little delirious still. So then seconds later I noticed a second line, and thought, weird. I thought there was only one line for negative. Duh!!! There is only one line for negative. Once my mind processed the fact that my being miserable for almost two weeks now makes sense I ran in and fully woke up my half asleep(he was probably fully asleep and just humoring me when I came in and asked if he was sleeping. His eyes were closed and he was snoring. Im not a very patient person. He helps me with that sometimes, and humors me other times. This morning was a humoring moment.) So I said, Happy early soon to be fathers day. He looked at me completely bewildered I told him that I had just taken a pregnancy test and it was positive. He was elated!!!! And he immediately suggested saying a prayer of thanks to our Father in Heaven because there have been many prayers in our home and from family and friends for several months now that we would get pregnant.
Now that it is actually sinking in now, the sickness, insomnia, and constant need to urinate make sense. This morning I was ecstatic and was excited for the upcoming months, including offering my body to this child to make me sick as long as necessary. Now that it is 4 in the morning, and I woke up after 2 and half hours of sleep to make a quick potty break, and then could not go back to sleep for anything in this world, partly because of my midnight craving of Subway and nausea at the same time, Im over being sick!
My mom and I talked early in the day and she was enlightening me with her lovely pregnancy experiences. I say lovely sarcastically. She deserves perfect angels after her pregnancies; unfortunately she got me and my crazy siblings, far from angelic. She was sick for all 9 months, and when I say sick, I mean constant all day all night throwing up her guts Luckily I have not had that glorious experience yet, and Im keeping my fingers crossed that I dont.

If anyone has any advice on pregnancy, especially in these early stages it is welcome. I have never been pregnant, and all of the same thoughts that go through most crazy first trimester first time mommys heads are going through mine. I need sleep at night, more than 2 and a half hours, and this night time starving thing, I hope will not be habit, is not fun I think I might have Subway for lunch tomorrow On that note, Im going to continue watching Arthur, which has recently become my favorite movie. Its better to watch it while my husband is sleeping because I like to watch it a lot, and I think he is over it. Good night/morning friends!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart, I hope your pregnancy is easier then my turned out to be. My advice (and only because you asked), is to listen to your gut instinct about things, ask questions, take the pre-natal vitamin all the way to the end and into breastfeeding (I am still taking mine), when I got sloppy with mine, my body fell apart. Don't watch anything remotely scary (I had the worst nightmares after watching Bones, etc...) Expect the crazy hormones and know everything gets better eventually! Be prepared for a C-section just in case and you might want to watch, the documentary on The business of being born. It was amazing and I wished I had seen it when I was pregnant! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete