Monday, September 9, 2013

Falling For Fall



I’m not sure about anyone else but I LOVE fall! Not I love to fall, but the season fall. Especially out here in Arizona. When the weather finally decides to cool down, like a fever finally breaking. Today it is raining and in the 70’s. INCREDIBLE! Especially after many days of triple digits. 
I am always trying to convince my husband that we need to live somewhere with all of the seasons, but it’s mainly because I want color changing leaves and the wonderful crisp air and the smells. Hmmmm. This is what I day dream about. He just laughs at me though because I loathe and despise being cold! So, with obvious weather changing winter would have to come eventually and that would mean snow. Snow is ok, but it needs to leave after New Years, but it never does. I lived in Utah for several years while going to college so I dealt with my fair share of snow. Now I just prefer to visit it. Anyways, with all of this rain today I am dying for fall foods and smells and decorations and movies and everything fall. I think I might watch Hocus Pocus later. My birthday is all this time of year. The day before Halloween actually. That could be another reason I am obsessed. 

My mom's cute little festive fall turkey.
Well, I need good fall recipe ideas so I can create my menu for the week! Tonight is an uneventful non fall meal of Broccoli and Beef with rice, but that is only because we have leftover steak from last night’s dinner.  So I need any and all suggestions for Fall foods. I’m thinking Beef Stew, Devin falls in love with me all over again whenever I make my Beef Stew. Delish! Then maybe a pumpkin soup and a Corn Sausage Chowder. Can anyone say all my baby weight is going to come back? Good thing Devin and I have picked up a new hobby of cycling. Hopefully that will fend off extra pounds. 
Gotta add the cute factor! Yes, those are two little teeth she is showing off while chewing on her teething necklace in her jammies.

What is your favorite time of year?

Favorite Fall Dishes… Go! Treats are great as well. I have a HUGE sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment