Tuesday, April 9, 2013

2 Months, Growing Up, Boyfriends, and Puppies



Little Miss had her 2 month doctor’s appointment yesterday. We got to the doctor’s office early because I woke little miss up to go, and knew she was going to be hungry. I figured it would be better to feed her there then feed her at home and chance being late. She can eat anywhere from 7 minutes to 40 minutes. It’s a total toss up in the mornings. I love going to her doctors because they have Disney movies going every time we are there. Yesterday it was 101 Dalmatians. I hadn’t seen that movie in years!!! Of course I was watching it, LOVE DISNEY, and when little miss finished eating I was burping her and she started going nuts. So I turned her around to see what was going on and apparently she just wanted to watch the movie too. She loves Disney too!!!! WAHOO!!! 
Love them puppies.
The doctor said everything looks perfect. Duh! She is perfect! She is 11 pounds 12.5 ounces. That’s 4 pounds and half an ounce since she was born and 4 pounds 12 ounces since she left the hospital. (Yea, she lost 11.5 ounces in one day.) Yeah!!!! Mommy is making whole milk!!!! She is in the 50-75% for her weight. She is 23.5 inches long putting her in the 85% for her height. For a mommy and daddy who aren’t very tall she sure is a tall one. Maybe she is taking after her uncle Brion and Joshua, both of my brothers are pretty tall. Then again, I was a really long baby, and look how I ended up. I was always the shortest in my class. Now, I’m a whopping 5’ 3”. Not too shabby though….  We started cloth diapering this week, and so here is one of her cute little diapers. The nurse saw it and kept saying awwww look at those sexy little black diapers. AWKWARD!!!

I didn’t think sexy and diaper could be used in the same sentence, especially when it comes to an infant. I was right, they can’t! It’s just weird.
As we were scheduling our next appointment, there was a super cute little boy, 12 months old, behind us with his parents getting ready to schedule his next appointment. I think he fell in love at first sight because he just kept staring and smiling at her. She started talking to him, her little coos. I guess they could have been empathizing with each other. They both got pokes and were a little unhappy 2 minutes prior. Kensie was a trooper she only cried for a few seconds after the needles were out. Then she was really cuddly the rest of the day. Love her cuddles. I think I cried more than she did. 

I hate shots. I used to get super sick when I knew I had to get a shot. Ask my mom, she still teases me about it. Then again I still hate shots and get sick. I was most worried about the IV and epidural I knew were coming when I was pregnant. Little did I know that was the least of my worries. A baby coming out of you and the recovery are much more painful than an IV and epidural. As a matter of fact, the epidural was nothing compared to the IV even. Thank goodness I was in so much pain at that point I didn’t even notice the epidural. Anyways, back to my original story, when we left he started crying. Until he saw that our cars were parked right next to each other. Then he waved goodbye to little miss. I guess she has her first boyfriend, no dating until she’s 30 though! He was adorable. We’re in trouble….

1 comment:

  1. I was 21 inches long when I was born, so she might end up tall or shorter like us ;) Congrats Emily. Your baby girl is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete