Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving/Black Friday Fun



Thanksgiving weekend was so much fun! Both my husband and I are from sunny Southern California. So we were able to go visit them for Thanksgiving. My mom and I had TONS of fun. We went shopping with my niece, cooked, ate, and went to the fabric district in LA(one of my favorite places in the world).  My sister-in-law is getting ready to go on an 18 month mission for our church so she went through the LDS Temple in Redlands to prepare for her upcoming mission. We were able to go and my parents were able to come with us. I have to tell you, going to the temple with my mom is a lot of fun!
Here is the Harrison Clan. What a fun group!
 So, I am awful at this week;y picture thing... So let's just call this my 29 week picture.

Here are my mom and dad with my sister-in-law. I came from the cutest couple ever!

Sorry I didnt take any pictures of the food. Lately I just want to shovel food into my mouth, not like me at all. So I was more concerned about eating than documenting anything on our trip. I cant tell you how happy I was to eat stuffing/dressing. I had been craving it for over a month, and it was incredible!
Last year my brother and sister-in-law, Em, and nephew were visiting for Thanksgiving and Em showed me the incredible ways of Black Friday! I remember a SUPER pregnant lady at Walmart during the mania last year and thought what a loon to come out in the madness. Well, this year I didnt really need anything, but I wanted to see what it was like. So I toated my niece out of the house at 9 at night to go see the madness. What an adventure! There was a line ALL the way around Target and it took almost an hour for everyone to even get inside. We went to Ulta in the meantime where there were only 10 people and I needed to restock on my favorite detangler/leave in conditioner, Healthy Sexy Hair Tri Soy wheat I love you! 

Anyways, we came out and there was still a line, so we went to Toys R Us/Babies R Us because they carry the cloth diapers I wanted, yes I am going to do cloth diapering everyone says Im crazy, I know, but I want to do it. It wasnt as chaotic as I thought it would have been. They didnt have the diapers so we left and went back over to Target. Still didnt find anything that we couldnt live without, but it wasnt crazy at all except for the length of the lines, so we meandered around the store and hung out for a little bit. We thought that if Target wasnt too crazy then Walmart probably wouldnt be either so we went to Walmart, and we were so WRONG! We made it about 20 feet in before we decided to walk right back out. People go nuts when its Black Friday! I know why would we want to go out anyways, well, we had tons of fun last year, so we thought we would go see this year. It was fun hanging out with my niece and messing around in the Black Friday mess. One of my friends said something along the lines of only in America do we have a day specific to being grateful for all of the things we have, and the next day fight to the death for the things we dont have but want. Its kind of funny when you think about it like that. Very true statement though. We had so much fun, and I was very thankful for not getting trampled, hit, or accosted while we were out playing. I am also grateful that we werent buying a house, like we were this time last year, and needing a ton of stuff that made me crazy enough to stand in line forever! Maybe next year.
I did go onto  a website that I found several months ago to see if they were having any sales on the cloth diapers that I wanted, and THEY WERE!!!! From buying them all individually to the awesome sale they had I saved $200! Yea for GoGoNatural.com. I love Meredith for having the sale and being so incredible to let me pick up the diapers when we got back from California. I LOVE THEM!!!!

Well, on our way home, to Arizona, my cankles decided to rear their ugly selves. Serves me right for going non-stop all weekend. Then on Thursday I started feeling crummy. Too much in too little time I suppose for this pregnant lady. My cankles have finally become ankles again after a week. Thank goodness, I get the pregnancy waddle when they come out. I did get a few new tops that fit my pregnant belly(thats been a tough one for me). And I got to spend a ton of time with family. It gets hard being away from them especially being away from my mom while Im pregnant. I am sure she gets tired of me calling her a billions times a week to talk about my crazy moments. I cant wait to see everyone again in a few more weeks. It will be my last traveling trip before baby comes. Come the beginning/middle of January I will not be allowed to travel anymore. So, come on Christmas I am ready to be with my family again!

Did you go Black Friday shopping? What did you get?

What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment