Saturday, January 31, 2015

He's The Best

It's the weekend, and my husband is a teacher, normally he's home all weekend(with the exception of mountain biking with the guys every once and a while) Yesterday he had a training so he was gone all day, and I never realized how much I look forward to the weekend to hang out with him. It kind of stinks when my other best buddy has to work on a day he normally has off, but I am so grateful for him! He does SO much. He leaves for work early in the morning and gets home late at night, but always in time to put our oldest little to bed. Daddy LOVES putting her to bed. Even though it normally involves a lot, a whole lot, of crying at first, from her not him. He makes time to go swimming with her, and hang out with all of us. It doesn't matter what we are doing, we always have to much fun together. 

He truly is my best friend. 

Here is a small list of some things I love about him: 
Devin is one of the most positive individuals in know. He's always looking on the bright side. 
He has a way of always making me happy. When I feel as though things are hopeless, he always shows me the hope. 
He and I have different senses if humor, but he always laughs at my jokes even when he just thinks in a nerd.
He reads with such great enthusiasm. I love it. (Voices and everything. It's awesome!)
He is getting so much better about seeing when something is needing to be done and doing it. 
He loves our little girl so much, and makes such an effort to spend time and bond with them. It melts my heart. 

He loves vacuuming and I'm grateful for it. 
When he puts his mind to something he gets it done. I.e. Painting our eaves. 
We have the best spontaneous dance parties.
I love talking and he hates it, but he will sit there and listen to me go on forever about things. Poor guy, but it's so sweet of him to do. 

He truly is my better half! I'm better with him than I ever was without him, and he makes me want to be better and helps me get there. I'm lucky to be able to keep him forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment